Thursday, March 14, 2013

Make your own Kid's Paint

I run out of paint supplies all the time and they are very expensive to purchase over and over.  When I found this awesome paint recipe from Get Your Mess On! I knew I had to share it!


Puffy Paint

I can't believe I've never tried this project before. It was so easy and fun that I ended up doing it three times this week... first with my own kids, then as a project at my son's school, and then with our music class. I have a little bit of PTSD after working with lots and lots of squirrelly little 4 and 5 year olds. In particular my own kids, who tend to just dump out all the paint, smear it all over their bodies, and then run away screaming. They can engage with art projects sometimes, but it's a delicate trick... figuring out what will draw them in. This project was perfect because the bottles are just so irresistible to squeeze that no one could deny their hypnotic powers. And the finished products all ended up looking really cool... not that that is necessarily necessary.... I especially liked how it looked on the black background.









Puffy Paint

1 c. salt
1 c. flour
1 c. water
a healthy squirt of food coloring or tempera paint.

Put in squeeze bottles for Puffy Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment