Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Learn to Make Paper Beads

One of the new hot items in jewelry is paper beads.  Yes, made out of scrapbook paper, magazines or any kind of scrap paper you find.  I thought, how hard could this be and just gave it an uninformed whirl and failed miserably :)

However, I did find this great tutorial on UTube for how to create these lovely beads and with the proper paper size and dimensions and tools, I think this will be fairly simple yet yield really cool results. I rolled mine on a pencil rather than the tool she used because I wanted a bigger hole and it came out pretty good.  I would caution that once you put the glue on the end, be careful as the rolling too tightly could rip your paper.





I also found some templates to make different shapes:

No comments:

Post a Comment